Race Is On - Green
Celebrating dog-sledding, the “Race is On” trim was designed exclusively for Copper River Fleece by Cordova, Alaska artist Susan Ogle, in collaboration with Libby Riddles, the first woman to win the Iditarod Sled Dog Race. For centuries, using sled dogs for transportation & hauling supplies was a traditional way of life for the Alaska Native people of the north. Over hundreds of years, they bred dogs which had the strength & endurance to pull heavy sleds, and the thick coat needed to withstand the Arctic winters. Sled dog racing, which began in the Gold Rush days, became the official state sport of Alaska in 1972. Distance races such as Iditarod & Yukon Quest, and sprint races such as Fur Rendezvous, are some of the many sled dog races keeping this Alaskan tradition going strong!
- Thermal fleece throw-blanket measures 60" x 60"
- Artist-designed trim sewn along all sides of top perimeter
- Ultra plush double-sided fleece is super soft, cozy and warm.
- Makes a great gift!
- Blanket will arrive wrapped in decorative ribbon
- Provides warmth, coziness and comfort year-round
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor use!
- 100% polyester
- Machine wash & dry (low-heat setting)
- Resists pilling, wash after wash
- Hemmed egdes for durability
- Please note - Gift Wrapping is NOT available on blankets