Race Is On - Purple
Celebrating dog-sledding, the “Race is On” trim was designed exclusively for Copper River Fleece by Cordova, Alaska artist Susan Ogle, in collaboration with Libby Riddles, the first woman to win the Iditarod Sled Dog Race. For centuries, using sled dogs for transportation & hauling supplies was a traditional way of life for the Alaska Native people of the north. Over hundreds of years, they bred dogs which had the strength & endurance to pull heavy sleds, and the thick coat needed to withstand the Arctic winters. Sled dog racing, which began in the Gold Rush days, became the official state sport of Alaska in 1972. Distance races such as Iditarod & Yukon Quest, and sprint races such as Fur Rendezvous, are some of the many sled dog races keeping this Alaskan tradition going strong!
- Our Women's Glacier Vest style is designed with a gently contoured side-cut to fit and flatter a women’s shape
- Adjustable hidden drawcord at hem
- YKK® zippers
- 2 zippered outside hand pockets
- 2 hidden inside pockets (not zippered)
- Glacier Vest is designed to comfortably allow for layering underneath
- Abrasion-resistant woven polyester outer-face
- Moisture-wicking microfleece interior
- Softshell fabric blocks 98% of wind
- Provides versatile weather-resistant protection
- Exceptional breathability & warmth.
- Laminated membrane creates an H2O-resistant barrier, while still allowing moisture vapor to escape
- DWR (water-repellant surface treatment) applied to outer-face sheds rain & snow
- Machine Wash, Hang to Dry