Sandpipers - Tan
This unique trim, commissioned by Copper River Fleece, is our way of introducing two Cordova, Alaska sensations: artist Susan Ogle and one of our natural wonders, the largest migration of shorebirds in the world! During the first weeks of May, millions of migrating birds such as these Western Sandpipers arrive in Cordova to rest and feed on the aquatic insects, small crustaceans, and mollusks found in the rich Copper River Delta mud. Having wintered as far south as Mexico and Peru, they spend several days in Cordova on the final leg of their annual migration to the nesting grounds in northwestern Alaska. Weighing less than 1 oz., the Western Sandpiper measures 6-7” in length and is one of the most abundant shorebirds in the U.S. One of the great delights to birders watching these feeding flocks is when a group of as many as 10,000 birds rise up in mass, swooping and diving in unison, to create an “Avian Aurora”! Susan Ogle created the Western Sandpiper trim exclusively for Copper River Fleece.
- Arctic Jacket style is designed with a gently contoured side-cut to fit and flatter a women’s shape
- YKK® zippers
- Back hemline 1" longer than front
- Adjustable hidden drawcord at hem
- 2 zippered outside hand pockets
- 2 hidden inside pockets (not zippered)
- Arctic Jacket style is designed to comfortably allow for layering underneath.
- Optional customizing includes the addition of Zipper trim, Hood, &/or Hood trim
- Softshell fabric blocks 98% of wind
- Provides versatile weather-resistant protection
- Exceptional breathability & warmth.
- Laminated membrane creates an H2O-resistant barrier, while still allowing moisture vapor to escape
- DWR (water-repellant surface treatment) applied to outer-face sheds rain & snow
- Abrasion-resistant woven polyester outer-face
- Moisture-wicking microfleece interior
- Machine wash, Hang to dry