Sandpipers - Lime
This unique trim, commissioned by Copper River Fleece, is our way of introducing two Cordova, Alaska sensations: artist Susan Ogle and one of our natural wonders, the largest migration of shorebirds in the world! During the first weeks of May, millions of migrating birds such as these Western Sandpipers arrive in Cordova to rest and feed on the aquatic insects, small crustaceans, and mollusks found in the rich Copper River Delta mud. Having wintered as far south as Mexico and Peru, they spend several days in Cordova on the final leg of their annual migration to the nesting grounds in northwestern Alaska. Weighing less than 1 oz., the Western Sandpiper measures 6-7” in length and is one of the most abundant shorebirds in the U.S. One of the great delights to birders watching these feeding flocks is when a group of as many as 10,000 birds rise up in mass, swooping and diving in unison, to create an “Avian Aurora”! Susan Ogle created the Western Sandpiper trim exclusively for Copper River Fleece.
- Thermal fleece throw-blanket measures 60" x 60"
- Artist-designed trim sewn along all sides of top perimeter
- Makes a great gift!
- Blanket will arrive wrapped in decorative ribbon
- Provides warmth, coziness and comfort year-round
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor use!
- 100% polyester
- Double-sided brushed fleece is ultra-soft, cozy, and warm.
- Machine wash & dry (low-heat setting)
- Resists pilling, wash after wash
- Hemmed egdes for durability
- Please note - Gift Wrapping is NOT available on blankets