Katmai - Navy
Alaska's diverse inhabitants include the largest population of brown bears in North America, with an average coastal density of 1 per square mile! Distinguishable in part by their dish-shaped face & sizeable shoulder hump (a mass of muscle helping to power their front legs), these awe-inspiring creatures can reach weights exceeding 1000 lbs. Feeding on the abundance of salmon, berries, & lush vegetation, brown bears living on Alaska's central & southern coasts grow significantly bigger than their inland cousins. In preparation for the long winter months they will spend in hibernation, these coastal brown bears can consume up to 90 lbs of food per day. Designed exclusively for Copper River Fleece by Cordova, Alaska artist Susan Ogle, this trim is named after one of the most unique places in the world to watch these feeding giants: Brooks Falls in Alaska’s Katmai National Park, where unusually large gatherings of brown bears congregate to feast on migrating salmon jumping up the falls. Masterful fisherman, these bears display a variety of fishing styles and techniques, which are typically passed down from mother to cub.
- Kodiak Men's Vest style is designed to comfortably allow for layering underneath.
- Adjustable hidden drawcord at hem
- YKK® zippers
- 2 zippered outside hand pockets
- 2 inside pockets (not zippered)
- Abrasion-resistant woven polyester outer-face
- Moisture-wicking microfleece interior
- Softshell fabric blocks 98% of wind
- Provides versatile weather-resistant protection
- Exceptional breathability & warmth.
- Laminated membrane creates an H2O-resistant barrier, while still allowing moisture vapor to escape
- DWR (water-repellant surface treatment) applied to outer-face sheds rain & snow
- Machine Wash, Hang to Dry