Salmon - Plum
The town of Cordova is built on the abundance of wild Copper River Salmon. A delicate and carefully guarded balance exists between the harvesting of Salmon and the respect and protection of this life-source. Inspired by these influences, renowned Alaskan artist Michael Webber designed this trim exclusively for Copper River Fleece, portraying a fusion of Tlingit and Haida-style salmon, jumping and flipping between bear tracks. Note the distinct characteristics of each fish: the bellybone, backbone, and tail designs, the teeth and hooked nose of a mature male, and the traditional Tlingit symbols woven into each fish - U and S shapes, ovoids, and circles. The essence of Cordova's very spirit, Copper River Salmon make a splash wherever they appear... in the fishing net, on the dinner table, or accenting our clothing!
Artist: Michael Webber
Embodying the rich Native history of this land and it’s people, renowned Alaskan artist Michael Webber designed this trim exclusively for Copper River Fleece. Born of a rich Alutiiq and Tlingit ancestry, Michael lives in Cordova, Alaska where his family heritage reaches back to the first footsteps in this region.
- Aleutian Jacket style has a gently contoured side-cut to fit and flatter a women’s shape
- YKK® zippers
- Back hemline 1" longer than front
- Adjustable hidden drawcord at hem
- 2 zippered outside hand pockets
- 2 hidden inside pockets (not zippered)
- Aleutian Jacket style is designed to comfortably allow for layering underneath.
- Optional customizing includes the addition of Zipper trim, Collar trim, Hood (Plain) or Hood WITH Trim
- Softshell fabric blocks 98% of wind
- Provides versatile weather-resistant protection
- Exceptional breathability & warmth.
- Laminated membrane creates an H2O-resistant barrier, while still allowing moisture vapor to escape
- DWR (water-repellant surface treatment) applied to outer-face sheds rain & snow
- Abrasion-resistant woven polyester outer-face
- Moisture-wicking microfleece interior
- Machine wash, Hang to dry