Puffins - Brite
One of the most recognizable sea birds in Alaska is the Horned Puffin. With it's distinctive clown face, accentuated by a red & yellow beak, this tropical-looking seabird was often called "sea parrot" by early explorers. Horned Puffins are master swimmers & divers, spending most of their lives onthe open sea. They fly up to 55 mph by beating their wings as fast as 7 beats / second, giving them the appearance of black & white flying footballs! Found primarily in Gulf of Alaska and Bering Sea coastal waters, they eat small fish and are often seen in-flight, carrying stacks of multiple fish in their bills. Breeding in deep underground burrows or in pockets along cliff faces, each spring produces a single chick by parents who mate for life. Showcasing this extraordinary and fascinating species, Sally Park, accomplished artist, art teacher and wildlife enthusiast, designed the Horned Puffin trim exclusively for Copper River Fleece. To learn more about this species, please visit www.AudubonAlaska.org
- Thermal fleece throw-blanket measures 60" x 60"
- Artist-designed trim sewn along all sides of top perimeter
- Ultra plush double-sided fleece is super soft, cozy and warm.
- Makes a great gift!
- Blanket will arrive wrapped in decorative ribbon
- Provides warmth, coziness and comfort year-round
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor use!
- 100% polyester
- Machine wash & dry (low-heat setting)
- Resists pilling, wash after wash
- Hemmed egdes for durability
- Please note - Gift Wrapping is NOT available on blankets