Loons - Pink
The largest and rarest of all loon species, with a wingspan of up to 5 feet, the Yellow-billed Loon is an expert swimmer and fish-eater, capable of diving over 200 feet deep. Breeding for life with the same mate, both parents help to incubate the eggs and raise the chicks, which often ride on their parent’s back to stay warm. A candidate for the Endangered Species List, it is also red-listed on Audubon Alaska’s WatchList as a species whose populations appear to be declining. In Arctic Alaska, they breed primarily on the shores of the Teshekpuk Lake, the largest freshwater lake on Alaska’s North Slope. We encourage you to learn more about this species and the threats to its continued survival at www.AudubonAlaska.org and to support Audubon Alaska’s mission of conserving the spectacular natural ecosystems of The Last Frontier. Showcasing the Yellow-billed Loon, this trim was designed exclusively for Copper River Fleece by Cordova, Alaska artist Susan Ogle. We hope that in featuring Susan’s beautiful artwork on our garments, we can help raise awareness of the natural wonders and the delicate balance of our unique surroundings.
- Thermal fleece throw-blanket measures 60" x 60"
- Artist-designed trim sewn along all sides of top perimeter
- Ultra plush double-sided fleece is super soft, cozy and warm.
- Makes a great gift!
- Blanket will arrive wrapped in decorative ribbon
- Provides warmth, coziness and comfort year-round
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor use!
- 100% polyester
- Machine wash & dry (low-heat setting)
- Resists pilling, wash after wash
- Hemmed egdes for durability
- Please note - Gift Wrapping is NOT available on blankets