Sea Otters - Brite
Coastal Alaska is home to 90% of the world's sea otters! Among the most frequently sighted marine mammals along the shores of Cordova and Prince William Sound, they are social and playful, spending much of their time floating together in groups called "rafts". Sea otter pups, unable to swim during their first weeks of life, are carried on their mother’s stomach. To avoid drifting when resting, sea otters will anchor themselves to kelp. They can often be seen using a rock on their chest to crack open a meal of shellfish while floating on their backs. With up to 1 million hairs per square inch, sea otters have the thickest fur in the animal kingdom. Unlike other marine mammals, they do not have a layer of blubber, so they must rely on their dense coat and a high metabolism to keep warm…..which is why the sea otter must eat 25-30% of it's body weight in food every day! In the 19th century, sea otters were hunted into near extinction. However, as a result of conservation efforts and protection under the Endangered Species Act, their populations are on the rebound. Showcasing this extraordinary and fascinating species, Sally Park, accomplished artist, art teacher and wildlife enthusiast, designed the Sea Otter trim exclusively for Copper River Fleece.
- Arctic Jacket style is designed with a gently contoured side-cut to fit and flatter a women’s shape
- YKK® zippers
- Back hemline 1" longer than front
- Adjustable hidden drawcord at hem
- 2 zippered outside hand pockets
- 2 hidden inside pockets (not zippered)
- Arctic Jacket style is designed to comfortably allow for layering underneath.
- Optional customizing includes the addition of Zipper trim, Hood, &/or Hood trim
- Softshell fabric blocks 98% of wind
- Provides versatile weather-resistant protection
- Exceptional breathability & warmth.
- Laminated membrane creates an H2O-resistant barrier, while still allowing moisture vapor to escape
- DWR (water-repellant surface treatment) applied to outer-face sheds rain & snow
- Abrasion-resistant woven polyester outer-face
- Moisture-wicking microfleece interior
- Machine wash, Hang to dry